See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- Top Stocks
- Top Australian Gold Stocks
- Top ASX Copper Stocks
- Top ASX Nickel Stocks
- Top ASX Rare Earth Stocks
- Top Battery Metals Stocks on the ASX
- Top Australian Lithium Stocks
- Top Graphite Miners on the ASX
- 10 ASX Cannabis Stocks
- Top ASX Tech Stocks
- Top AI Stocks on the ASX
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
- Top Stocks
- Resource Investing
- Technology Investing
- Cannabis Investing
- Australia Stocks
- INNvestor Reports
Lithium Power International Limited (ASX:LPI) (‘LPI’ or ‘the Company’) is pleased to provide shareholders with an overview of quarterly activities for the period ending 31 December 2021 (‘Quarter’, ‘Reporting Period’), including subsequent events that might have a significant impact between 31 December 2021 and the date of issuance of this Report.
- Positive results delivered by the updated Definitive Feasibility Study for the Stage One Maricunga Lithium Brine Project
- Maricunga Stage One DFS delivers US$1.4bn NPV (after tax) at an 8% discount rate, providing an IRR of 39.6% and a 2-year payback. Average annual EBITDA of US$324m
- 15,200 tonnes per annum production of lithium carbonate (LCE) for 20 years with an exceptional ESG profile
- Operating cost (OPEX) of US$3,718 per tonne of LCE produced, placing the Stage One project in the lower quartile of LCE producers.
- Project direct development cost estimated at US$419m, indirect costs at US$145m and contingency costs at US$62m to provide a total project CAPEX of US$626m.
- Revised DFS completed by Tier-1 engineering consultancy Worley to international standards, with cost inputs from EPC contractors to provide greater certainty on cost estimates.
- Preliminary indications of interest received from international and Chilean financial institutions and private funds for debt financing and future equity financing of the project, with engaged financial advisers, Canaccord and Treadstone assisting the Company with this process.
- Updating of the EPC proposals will commence during Q1. Final Investment Decision expected for 2022, with construction to start immediately after.
- Completion of the Share Purchase Agreement with Vertex Lithium Corporation, to acquire 70% of LPI’s lithium exploration properties on the Centenario Salar in Argentina.
This article includes content from Lithium Power International, licensed for the purpose of publishing on Investing News Australia. This article does not constitute financial product advice. It is your responsibility to perform proper due diligence before acting upon any information provided here. Please refer to our full disclaimer here.