See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- Top Stocks
- Top Australian Gold Stocks
- Top ASX Copper Stocks
- Top ASX Nickel Stocks
- Top ASX Rare Earth Stocks
- Top Battery Metals Stocks on the ASX
- Top Australian Lithium Stocks
- Top Graphite Miners on the ASX
- 10 ASX Cannabis Stocks
- Top ASX Tech Stocks
- Top AI Stocks on the ASX
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
- Top Stocks
- Resource Investing
- Technology Investing
- Cannabis Investing
- Australia Stocks
- INNvestor Reports
Altech Chemicals (ASX:ATC, FRA:A3Y) advances clean energy electric vehicle battery storage through its patented high-purity alumina (HPA) coating process for silicon and graphite has “cracked the silicon barrier” by solving the first-charge problem and other challenges that have hindered other companies’ attempts. As a result, Altech Chemicals has produced batteries that have a 30 percent higher energy density than current lithium-ion batteries, which means improved energy storage and a longer battery lifespan.
Altech Chemicals has also purchased land in Germany for its pilot plant to manufacture commercial samples of its patented Silumina Anodes™ product to introduce to the European market as part of the qualification process. In addition, the Company has completed a pre-feasibility study to construct a facility capable of manufacturing 10,000 tonnes per annum (TPA) of Silumina Anodes™ battery material. The pre-feasibility study indicated robust economics including an NPV of US$507M and a favorable internal rate of return of 40 percent, with a low capital cost of just US$95M.
- Altech Chemicals is a research, development and commercialisation company that has successfully “cracked the silicon barrier” by developing proprietary coating technology that adds silicon and graphite coated anodes to lithium-ion batteries, enhancing energy storage and overall lifespan.
- The Company has solved the initial challenges that have prevented silicon anode batteries from becoming commercially viable.
- Altech Chemicals’ revolutionary product creates batteries with 30 percent higher energy density than standard lithium-ion batteries on the market.
- Construction of a pilot plant in Germany is currently underway to demonstrate the capabilities of the Silumina Anodes™ product to the European electric vehicle battery market.
- A pre-feasibility study for a 10,000 tonnes per annum Silumina Anodes™ plant has been completed, with robust economics being demonstrated.
- An international patent has been filed to protect the Company’s Silumina Anodes™ coating technology.
- An experienced management team is leading Altech Chemicals towards commercialising its Silumina Anodes™ product within the European electric vehicle battery market.
This Altech Chemicals company profile is part of a paid investor education campaign.*