See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- Top Stocks
- Top Australian Gold Stocks
- Top ASX Copper Stocks
- Top ASX Nickel Stocks
- Top ASX Rare Earth Stocks
- Top Battery Metals Stocks on the ASX
- Top Australian Lithium Stocks
- Top Graphite Miners on the ASX
- 10 ASX Cannabis Stocks
- Top ASX Tech Stocks
- Top AI Stocks on the ASX
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
- TOP STOCKS
- COMPANY PROFILES
- RESOURCE INVESTING
- TECHNOLOGY INVESTING
- CANNABIS INVESTING
- INVESTOR REPORTS
Barbara Lithium Project Acquisition Further Expanding Ontario Land Footprint
Balkan Mining and Minerals Ltd (ASX: BMM; “Balkan Mining” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce it has entered into a binding purchase and sale agreement to acquire 100% of the Barbara Lithium exploration project located in the Barbara Lake Area, Thunder Bay North Mining District of Ontario, Canada (the "Barbara Lithium Project" or "Project").
- BMM secures an agreement to acquire 100% of the Barbara Lithium Project located in the Barbara Lake Area, Thunder Bay North Mining District of Ontario, Canada.
- The Project is located ~15km southeast of Imagine Lithium's Jackpot Deposit.
- The Project consists of 212 claims covering an area of approximately 42 km2.
Figure 1 – Project Location Map
Balkan Mining Managing Director, Mr Ross Cotton, commented:
“We are pleased to have secured the Barabara Project in the attractive Northwestern Ontario, Thunder Bay Lithium District. With this acquisition, we expand our portfolio footprint in Ontario to 120km2 further demonstrating our commitment to the region. I am pleased with our team in Canada and their achievements, with planning begun to undertake exploration activities in the emerging Thunder Bay Lithium District in 2023.”
The Barbara Lithium Project lies in the Quetico Subprovince of the Superior Province, bounded by the granite-greenstone Wabigoon Subprovince to the north and Wawa Subprovince to the south.
Figure 2 – Project Geology Map
This Quetico Subprovince consists dominantly of clastic metasediments with inter‐formational chemical metasediments, which deposited between 2.70 and 2.69 Ga. The clastic metasediments represent a strongly metamorphosed turbidite sequence varying from arenaceous to argillaceous with local conglomerates units. Banded iron formations within the metasediments consist of ferruginous chert, oxide (magnetite‐chert) and sulphide (sulphide‐ chert) facies with localised graphite. There are numerous pegmatite and diabase dykes cross- cutting the clastic and chemical metasediments. General younging is to the north, but there are local south overturns. The rocks of the Quetico Subprovince have undergone lower amphibolite metamorphism.
This article includes content from Balkan Mining and Minerals, licensed for the purpose of publishing on Investing News Australia. This article does not constitute financial product advice. It is your responsibility to perform proper due diligence before acting upon any information provided here. Please refer to our full disclaimer here.