See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- Top Stocks
- Top Australian Gold Stocks
- Top ASX Copper Stocks
- Top ASX Nickel Stocks
- Top ASX Rare Earth Stocks
- Top Battery Metals Stocks on the ASX
- Top Australian Lithium Stocks
- Top Graphite Miners on the ASX
- 10 ASX Cannabis Stocks
- Top ASX Tech Stocks
- Top AI Stocks on the ASX
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
- TOP STOCKS
- COMPANY PROFILES
- RESOURCE INVESTING
- TECHNOLOGY INVESTING
- CANNABIS INVESTING
- INNvestor REPORTS
BHP has released its results for the year ended June 2018, posting a “record final dividend” for shareholders.
BHP (ASX:BHP,NYSE:BHP,LSE:BLT) has released its results for the year ended 30 June 2018,
As reported in the press release, BHP recorded attributable profit of US$3,795 million, down 37 percent year-on-year, but balanced that with a fall in debt, an increase in cash flow, a rise in exploration expenditure and a 42 percent increase in dividends for shareholders.
CEO of BHP, Andrew Mackenzie said:
“We have announced a record final dividend for shareholders which reflects strong operating performance, solid prices and capital discipline.
We have started the new year with the sale of our Onshore US business for US$10.8 billion, and once completed we expect to return the net proceeds to shareholders.
Across our dramatically simplified portfolio of tier one assets, we see this year’s strong momentum carried into the medium term as our leadership, technology and culture drive further increases in productivity, value and returns.
Our rich suite of options coupled with our rigorous Capital Allocation Framework will make sure we get the most out of every dollar we invest.”