See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
Drilling of a significant copper-gold target at Impact Minerals Limited’s (ASX: IPT) Hopetoun project 25 km south of the Ravensthorpe mining centre in Western Australia, has intersected a four metre thick zone of pyrite at the very end of a reverse circulation (RC) drill hole, and within a zone of extensive potassic alteration with variable low level copper that is at least 75 metres thick (Figures 1 and 2).
- RC Drilling of a copper-gold target at the Hopetoun Project intersects a thick alteration zone with abundant pyrite sulphide over four metres at end-of-hole.
- Extremely difficult drilling conditions for the RC drill rig precluded the continuation of the programme and a diamond drill rig is being sourced for follow-up drilling in early 2022.
- Drilling to commence by 10th January 2022 at the Doonia gold project close to the Burns discovery east of Kambalda Western Australia.
The alteration (K-feldspar and biotite), copper values (up to 250 ppm as measured with a hand held XRF instrument) and sulphide intensity all increase down hole, are open at depth and along trend and suggest that the drill may have stopped at the edge of a large mineralised system (Figure 1).
The drill hole (HPIPT004) failed to reach its target depth of at least 150 metres below surface because of unexpected very difficult drilling conditions for the RC drill rig caused by running sands that blocked the drill rods in younger cover rocks that overlie the target Proterozoic basement rocks.
This article includes content from Impact Minerals, licensed for the purpose of publishing on Investing News Australia. This article does not constitute financial product advice. It is your responsibility to perform proper due diligence before acting upon any information provided here. Please refer to our full disclaimer here.