See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- Top Stocks
- Top Australian Gold Stocks
- Top ASX Copper Stocks
- Top ASX Nickel Stocks
- Top ASX Rare Earth Stocks
- Top Battery Metals Stocks on the ASX
- Top Australian Lithium Stocks
- Top Graphite Miners on the ASX
- 10 ASX Cannabis Stocks
- Top ASX Tech Stocks
- Top AI Stocks on the ASX
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
- TOP STOCKS
- COMPANY PROFILES
- RESOURCE INVESTING
- TECHNOLOGY INVESTING
- CANNABIS INVESTING
- INVESTOR REPORTS
Drilling Commences At The Gorge Lithium Project
Balkan Mining and Minerals Ltd (ASX: BMM; “BMM” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce the commencement of the Company’s phase 1 drill program at the Gorge Lithium Project located in Ontario, Canada (the "Gorge Lithium Project" or the "Project").
- Diamond drill program underway at Gorge Lithium Project
- The Gorge drilling campaign has been designed to systematically test the vertical plunge extensions along prospective pegmatite strikes at the Koshman and Nelson occurrences
- Clearing at the Nelson spodumene pegmatite occurrence has resulted in the identification of two additional pegmatite targets along strike extending over 200m - targets remain open along strike
The ongoing drilling program will be the first sub-surface testing for lithium mineralisation at the Gorge Lithium Project where previous channel sampling results confirmed high grade lithium mineralisation at the surface, including 1.8m @ 3.75% Li2O. (see ASX Announcement dated 16 December 2022).
Figure 1 – BMM´s General Manager of Exploration with drilling crew in front of drill hole NL-23-001
The 12-hole drill program has been designed to provide a better understanding of the lithium mineralisation in the shallow subsurface and to test the vertical plunge extensions along pegmatite strikes.
Figure 2 – Nelson Pegmatites detail geological map showing the location of drill hole NL-23-001
In parallel to clearing the access trail and setting up drill pads, the Company has been mechanically stripping at the Nelson spodumene pegmatite. Surface stripping has revealed two additional unmapped pegmatite targets located 25m southeast and 150m northwest from the Nelson discovery outcrop which demonstrates the rich endowment of pegmatites in this region and highlights the exploration potential of the Project. Detail mapping of newly discovered pegmatites is under way.
Figures 3 & 4 – Aerial views of Nelson occurrence
Figure 5 – Mechanical stripping underway at Nelson occurrence
“It’s very satisfying to have our maiden drilling campaign underway at the Gorge Lithium Project. We know from channel sampling that the Koshman and Nelson pegmatite outcrops are lithium bearing and we are extremely excited to learn more about the project’s geology from current drilling.
The fact that we have encountered 2 more previously unmapped pegmatite occurrences whilst preparing for drilling at the Nelson outcrop demonstrates the exploration opportunity.
Stay tuned for further drilling updates in the coming weeks and months.” Ross Cotton, Managing Director.
This article includes content from Balkan Mining, licensed for the purpose of publishing on Investing News Australia. This article does not constitute financial product advice. It is your responsibility to perform proper due diligence before acting upon any information provided here. Please refer to our full disclaimer here.