See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- Top Stocks
- Top Australian Gold Stocks
- Top ASX Copper Stocks
- Top ASX Nickel Stocks
- Top ASX Rare Earth Stocks
- Top Battery Metals Stocks on the ASX
- Top Australian Lithium Stocks
- Top Graphite Miners on the ASX
- 10 ASX Cannabis Stocks
- Top ASX Tech Stocks
- Top AI Stocks on the ASX
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
- TOP STOCKS
- COMPANY PROFILES
- RESOURCE INVESTING
- TECHNOLOGY INVESTING
- CANNABIS INVESTING
- INVESTOR REPORTS
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development €6m Strategic Investment
European Metals Holdings Limited (ASX & AIM: EMH, OTCQX: EMHXY, ERPNF and EMHLF) (“European Metals” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the entry into a strategic investment agreement under which EBRD has agreed to invest €6 million to support the Company’s development of the Cinovec Project in the Czech Republic.
- The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development ("EBRD") has agreed to invest €6 million to support the Company’s development of the Cinovec Project in the Czech Republic.
- ERBD's investment and expertise will be beneficial to the Company as the Cinovec Project moves through permitting, project financing, and completing its Definitive Feasibility Study ("DFS").
- As part of its due diligence, EBRD engaged an independent, international mining consultancy to conduct a technical review of the Cinovec Project.
- EBRD is an International Financial Institution owned by the European Union, European Investment Bank and 71 countries, including the Czech Republic.
- The investment is to be implemented by way of a private placement of 12,315,213 shares of the Company to be issued to EBRD at a price of £0.423 per share (the "Placement"). This equates to AUD 0.803 per share.1
As part of the due diligence process, EBRD engaged an independent, international mining consultancy to undertake a technical review of the Cinovec Project. EBRD also performed a review of the Cinovec Project in respect to compliance with EBRD’s Environmental and Social Policy.
Keith Coughlan, Executive Chairman, said:
"The Company welcomes EBRD’s strategic investment, which is a strong endorsement of the Cinovec Project’svalueanditscommitmenttothehighestenvironmentalandsocialstandards. The EBRD investment aims to fund the project’s predevelopment work and opens a pathway to potentially securing project financing. The successful completion of the technical due diligence process is a testament to the quality of the Cinovec team, the work which has been done to date and a strong vote of confidence in the project.
"The EBRD investment is confirmation that the Cinovec Project is a vital part of establishing a strong, sustainable European electric vehicle battery supply chain to support Europe's accelerating transition to e-mobility.
Natalia Lacorzana, Head of Natural Resources at EBRD said:
“We are pleased to support the Cinovec project, the first lithium project financed by the Bank, on its path to become a responsibly mined source of battery grade lithium for Europe. EBRD is committed to supporting the global transition to a green economy, the move towards wider adoption of electric vehicles, in particular, via providing necessary funding and know-how to junior miners of critical and/or strategic raw materials.”
The Company's relationship with EBRD is expected to be highly strategic as the European Union charts a path towards greater lithium supply security and sustainability. Support for the Company's lithium, tin and tungsten Cinovec Project aligns with these EU goals. The investment is to be implemented by way of a private placement of 12,315,213 shares of the Company to be issued to EBRD at a price of £0.423 per share (the "Placement").2 Upon the closing of the Placement, EBRD will hold approximately 6% of the Company's shares on issue (on a non-diluted basis).
In connection with the Placement, European Metals and EBRD have an agreement whereby, subject to certain conditions, the EBRD has been granted rights that allow participation in future financings to maintain its pro rata equity interest in the Company. The agreements also provide for the Cinovec Project to be developed according to EBRD’s Environmental and Social Policy.
The proceeds from the Placement will be used to assist in funding pre-development works and studies for the Cinovec Project including environmental works and working capital expenditures for the period up to the completion of the DFS.
The Placement is subject to normal and customary conditions precedent for a transaction of this nature. The shares will be issued without shareholder approval utilising the Company's existing placement capacity under ASX Listing Rule 7.1.
This article includes content from European Metals, licensed for the purpose of publishing on Investing News Australia. This article does not constitute financial product advice. It is your responsibility to perform proper due diligence before acting upon any information provided here. Please refer to our full disclaimer here.