See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- Top Stocks
- Top Australian Gold Stocks
- Top ASX Copper Stocks
- Top ASX Nickel Stocks
- Top ASX Rare Earth Stocks
- Top Battery Metals Stocks on the ASX
- Top Australian Lithium Stocks
- Top Graphite Miners on the ASX
- 10 ASX Cannabis Stocks
- Top ASX Tech Stocks
- Top AI Stocks on the ASX
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
- TOP STOCKS
- COMPANY PROFILES
- RESOURCE INVESTING
- TECHNOLOGY INVESTING
- CANNABIS INVESTING
- INNvestor REPORTS
American West Metals Limited (American West or the Company) (ASX: AW1), a low-footprint, North Americanfocused base metals explorer, is pleased to announce outstanding assay results from the fourth diamond drill hole to be completed by the Company at the West Desert Project in Utah (West Desert or the Project).
- American West receives its best assay results to date – continuing to highlight the exceptional quality and significant volume of the mineralisation at the West Desert Project
- More than 105m of high-grade zinc and copper intersected in WD22-03 within four major intervals, comprising in order of downhole depth:
- 10.82m @ 1.41% Cu, 1.51% Zn, 0.23g/t Au, 59.41g/t Ag, 40.63g/t In from 224.63m,
- 6.09m @ 2.04% Cu, 1.09% Zn, 0.33g/t Au, 66.09g/t Ag, 47.98g/t In from 224.63m
- 47.4m @ 4.3% Zn, 0.08% Cu, 0.04g/t Au, 12g/t Ag, 34.75/t In from 234.07m,
- 10.36m @ 6.56% Zn, 0.05% Cu, 10.35g/t Ag, 36.06g/t In from 263.03m
- 26.52m @ 8.46% Zn, 0.17% Cu, 0.11g/t Au, 10.61g/t Ag, 55.63g/t In from 313.47m,
- 16.47m @ 10.22% Zn, 0.26% Cu, 0.17g/t Au, 16.24g/t Ag, 48.63g/t In from 315.91m
- 18.59m @ 13.24% Zn, 140.96g/t In from 367.88m,
- 9.75m @ 21.7% Zn, 192.75g/t In from 369.4m
- 10.82m @ 1.41% Cu, 1.51% Zn, 0.23g/t Au, 59.41g/t Ag, 40.63g/t In from 224.63m, including:
- Mineralised intervals include high grades of silver (Ag) and indium (In)
- Assay results from the drilling will feed into a resource update for West Desert and maiden 2012 JORC resource estimate
Drill hole WD22-03 was designed to test the continuity of strong copper and zinc mineralisation in the eastern portion of the Main Zone of the deposit. The hole was drilled to 549.83m downhole and was the third drill hole to be assayed by American Assay Laboratories in Reno, Nevada.
Assays have confirmed that WD22-03 has intersected multiple very wide lenses of high-grade zinc, copper, silver and indium mineralisation within halos of lower grade zones. The mineralisation is particularly strong in a number of massive sulphide dominant intervals and confirms the continuity and coherent nature of strong mineralisation in the eastern portion of the West Desert Deposit.
Dave O’Neill, Managing Director of American West Metals commented:
“We are thrilled to share the diamond drill results from WD22-03, as the program continues to define high-grade mineralisation at West Desert, substantially enhancing the resource potential.
“The intersections within WD22-03 display outstanding thicknesses and grade which continue to highlight the significant scale and quality of the West Desert Deposit.
“The assay results and drill hole location are strategically favourable and provide further support for potential future underground development.
“We look forward to reporting further strong results from the pending assays for the other completed drill holes in the coming weeks.”
Figure 1: Photo of massive and semi-massive sphalerite (zinc sulphide – brown) and magnetite in drill hole WD22- 03. This interval contains 47.59% Zn, 435.88g/t In from 376.26 – 377.02m (1234.5 - 1237ft) downhole.
Table 1: Drill hole details
This article includes content from American West Metals Limited, licensed for the purpose of publishing on Investing News Australia. This article does not constitute financial product advice. It is your responsibility to perform proper due diligence before acting upon any information provided here. Please refer to our full disclaimer here.