See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- Top Stocks
- Top Australian Gold Stocks
- Top ASX Copper Stocks
- Top ASX Nickel Stocks
- Top ASX Rare Earth Stocks
- Top Battery Metals Stocks on the ASX
- Top Australian Lithium Stocks
- Top Graphite Miners on the ASX
- 10 ASX Cannabis Stocks
- Top ASX Tech Stocks
- Top AI Stocks on the ASX
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
- Top Stocks
- Resource Investing
- Technology Investing
- Cannabis Investing
- Australia Stocks
- INNvestor Reports
Coherent 2.7km long anomaly is located just 10km south of the Manna lithium prospect and represents a priority drill target
Kairos Minerals Ltd (ASX: KAI “Kairos” or “the Company”) is pleased to advise that it has identified a new coherent lithium and pathfinder elements anomalous corridor at its 100%-owned Roe Hills Project, located east of Kalgoorlie in WA. This high-priority lithium target is located approximately ~10km south of the Manna Lithium Project, owned by Global Lithium Resources and Breaker Resources (ASX: GL1 and ASX: BRB).
- A review of the soil sampling program conducted in 2020 has identified a coherent lithium and pathfinder elements anomaly at the 100%-owned Roe Hills Project in WA.
- The 2.7km x 0.4km northeast-trending lithium anomaly is similar in terms of its orientation, interpreted geology, and geochemistry to the Manna Lithium Prospect, now 80%-owned by global Lithium Resources (ASX: GL1), located ~10km north of the Roe Hills project area.
- The soil sampling program was initially designed to target gold and base metal mineralisation, based on geophysical interpretation.
- A detailed mapping and rock chip sampling program has been initiated, with air-core and potentially follow-up Reverse Circulation (RC) drilling planned as a priority.
Kairos’ Executive Chairman, Terry Topping, said:
“This is an exciting discovery, which was made following a detailed review of the extensive geochemical sampling program completed in 2020. The significance of this extending north-east trending anomaly has been further enhanced by the discovery of the Manna lithium prospect, located 10km to the north, by Breaker Resources (ASX: BRB).
“Breaker has recently transacted on this exciting emerging discovery in a deal with Global Lithium Resource (ASX: GL1), which has acquired an 80% interest in the tenements.
“Given the scale and potential significance of the anomalism, we recently conducted a site visit which has shown that the anomalous area is suitable for AC drilling and potential follow-up RC drilling. We have initiated an extensive field program with additional soil sampling and mapping underway and, with heritage clearances already in place, we will prioritise drilling as soon as we can secure a suitable drilling rig.
“In light of this significant development, the Kairos geology team recently completed a desktop study based on existing available data to identify other potential lithium targets at Roe Hills. This work has been successful in delineating at least eight areas of interest, which will also now be followed up by our field teams.
"This is an exciting new lithium exploration opportunity which complements the significant lithium targets we have defined recently within our Pilbara exploration portfolio.”
This article includes content from Kairos Minerals, licensed for the purpose of publishing on Investing News Australia. This article does not constitute financial product advice. It is your responsibility to perform proper due diligence before acting upon any information provided here. Please refer to our full disclaimer here.