Global Energy Metals
Last Updated: May 04, 2017
The Mineral Bank for Battery Materials
Global Energy Metals Corporation (TSXV:GEMC,OTCQB:GBLEF,FWB:5GE1) is focused on offering investment exposure to the growing battery and electric vehicle (EV) markets by building a diversified global portfolio of cobalt assets in safe, pro-mining jurisdictions. GEMC anticipates growing its business by acquiring project stakes in battery metals-related projects with key strategic partners.
GEMC is in the process of acquiring 100 percent of the Millennium cobalt project in Mt. Isa, Australia, as well as the nearby Mt. Isa projects, making the company the leading cobalt explorer and developer in the region.
The company is also in the process of acquiring an 85 percent interest in the Lovelock mine and Treasure Box property in Nevada. GEMC has signed an MOU with Canada Cobalt Works (TSXV:CCW) to utilize its proprietary Re-2OX process which could potentially produce a battery-grade product.
GEMC has also optioned part of its Werner Lake cobalt mine in Ontario, Canada to Marquee Resources Limited (ASX:HMX), which is investing $2.5 million to advance the project.
The GEMC team, with over a decade of cobalt-focused experience, recognized early that cobalt was essential to lithium-ion battery chemistries. Through years of working with downstream users, including its strategic partnership with Beijing Easpring Material Technology Co. (Easpring), the company recognized that there is a pressing need to create a diversified, viable supply of material to offset the reliance from DRC-sourced cobalt. GEMC’s partnership with the battery cathode manufacturer is unique. The company went downstream, direct to the supply chain to ensure that it could receive project finance, metallurgical and feasibility support for projects and material purchase.
The company believes there are significant value opportunities in aggregating projects and building an efficient and reliable raw material supply chain that meets strict end-user specifications in the rechargeable battery sector. It is using the extensive expertise of its team as well as its global network of contacts to accomplish this goal.
Global Energy Metals Highlights
- The Millennium cobalt project presents an excellent opportunity to grow a significant cobalt asset in close proximity to a processing solution and excellent infrastructure in Queensland, Australia
- GEMC has earned a 25 percent interest in the project and is in the process of completing a transaction that will accelerate its ownership to 100 percent.
- Acquisition of Mt. Isa projects will increase footprint to 2,560 hectares in Mt. Isa district
- 70-percent owned Werner Lake cobalt project being explored in partnership with Marquee Resources who is funding the project with $2.5 million exploration commitment.
- Marquee has spent over $1 million on the project in the past year and has planned for a further $1.5 million to be spent on advancing Werner.
- Updated resource estimate expected in H1 2019 for Werner.
- Acquiring an 85 percent interest in the past-producing Lovelock mine and Treasure Box property.
- Projects are near Tesla’s gigafactory in Nevada.
- Strategic investment has been made in GEMC by Canada Cobalt Works.
- Strong management team with extensive experience in battery metals project exploration, development and supply chain research and analysis.
- Maximizing shareholder value via project level joint ventures with long-term strategic partners.