See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- Top Stocks
- Top Australian Gold Stocks
- Top ASX Copper Stocks
- Top ASX Nickel Stocks
- Top ASX Rare Earth Stocks
- Top Battery Metals Stocks on the ASX
- Top Australian Lithium Stocks
- Top Graphite Miners on the ASX
- 10 ASX Cannabis Stocks
- Top ASX Tech Stocks
- Top AI Stocks on the ASX
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
- TOP STOCKS
- COMPANY PROFILES
- RESOURCE INVESTING
- TECHNOLOGY INVESTING
- CANNABIS INVESTING
- INNvestor REPORTS
Hygrovest Limited (ASX:HGV) ("HGV") is an Australian-listed specialist investment company which concentrates on producing capital growth for shareholders over the medium term from investments in listed and unlisted equities and other financial assets.
HGV agrees to divest its investment in Entourage Health above current book value
HGV has agreed to support proposed changes to the terms of the unsecured convertible debentures issued by Entourage Health Corp (ENT or the Company) which would allow HGV to divest its investment in ENT convertible debentures (the Notes).
The attached release by ENT details the changes proposed by the Company which would allow HGV to complete the divestment of ENT which bring forward the maturity date from 25 September 2022 to 30 June 2022 and reduce the redemption percentage from 100% to 60% of face value (the Note Proposals).
The Company has announced that a meeting of ENT Noteholders will be held in late June 2022 to consider the Note Proposals. HGV has signed a voting agreement to vote in favour of the changes. If the meeting of ENT Noteholders approves the amendments, ENT will redeem HGV’s Notes for CAD3.6m plus accrued interest on or around 30 June 2022 which is a premium to HGV’s book value of CAD2.5m as at 30 April 2022.
On the basis that ENT Noteholders approve the resolutions, HGV will have generated a loss of 18% on the original investment (after inclusion of cash interest received). Whilst the investment in HGV’s Notes has been well below expectations at the time of initial investment, it should be noted that the return is materially above that for the listed Canadian cannabis sector which has declined approximately 70%1 since January 2020.
The divestment was negotiated by HGV’s asset manager, Parallax Ventures Inc, on behalf of HGV.
“The divestment of HGV’s investment in ENT at a significant premium to our book value is an important step in realising HGV’s underperforming cannabis investments and applying those funds to sectors which have higher growth prospects” said Mr Wall, HGV’s Chairman.
HGV made its initial investment in ENT in September 2019 and now has a current book value of CAD2.5m comprising:
- CAD6m in 8.5% unsecured Convertible Debenture units issued by ENT which HGV has the option to convert into 3.75m shares by the maturity date of 25 September 2022. The debenture units have preference over ordinary shares with interest paid to HGV on a six-monthly basis. The market value of the notes is calculated by multiplying the CAD6m by the market price divided by 100.
- Listed Warrants that allow HGV to acquire an additional 3.75m shares for CAD1.80 each by 25 September 2022.