See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- Top Stocks
- Top Australian Gold Stocks
- Top ASX Copper Stocks
- Top ASX Nickel Stocks
- Top ASX Rare Earth Stocks
- Top Battery Metals Stocks on the ASX
- Top Australian Lithium Stocks
- Top Graphite Miners on the ASX
- 10 ASX Cannabis Stocks
- Top ASX Tech Stocks
- Top AI Stocks on the ASX
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
- TOP STOCKS
- COMPANY PROFILES
- RESOURCE INVESTING
- TECHNOLOGY INVESTING
- CANNABIS INVESTING
- INNvestor REPORTS
European Lithium Limited (ASX: EUR, FRA: PF8, OTC:EULIF) (“EUR or the Company”) is pleased to announce it has received certificates of analysis of lithium carbonate and lithium hydroxide produced from testwork on samples from its Wolfsberg lithium project, demonstrating high quality battery grade lithium product can be produced with very low impurities.
- Results from process testing demonstrate battery grade lithium carbonate or lithium hydroxide can be produced from the Wolfsberg lithium project.
Bulk samples were collected from stockpiles of ore (70mm) obtained from underground mining activities conducted during 2013. Approximately 500 tonnes of ore from each host material (amphibolite; AHP and mica schist; MHP) had been mined at the time. Bulk samples from each material type were composited from 50 one tonne samples taken along the length of the stockpiles for representative metallurgical testing.
Anzaplan, based in Germany, were contracted as independent consultants to carry out a series of tests using these bulk samples to provide information for use in various feasibility studies including the following:
- Sensor based ore sorting tests to minimise dilution of ore into a process plant.
- Pilot test work to understand the physical processing characteristics of the Wolfsberg ore into a spodumene concentrate product.
- Settling and filtration tests
- Gravity separation techniques for mica removal.
- Hydrometallurgical tests for conversion of spodumene concentrate into a lithium carbonate product.
- Conversion tests for production of lithium hydroxide from lithium carbonate to determine recoveries and end product specifications.