See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- Top Stocks
- Top Australian Gold Stocks
- Top ASX Copper Stocks
- Top ASX Nickel Stocks
- Top ASX Rare Earth Stocks
- Top Battery Metals Stocks on the ASX
- Top Australian Lithium Stocks
- Top Graphite Miners on the ASX
- 10 ASX Cannabis Stocks
- Top ASX Tech Stocks
- Top AI Stocks on the ASX
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
- TOP STOCKS
- COMPANY PROFILES
- RESOURCE INVESTING
- TECHNOLOGY INVESTING
- CANNABIS INVESTING
- INNvestor REPORTS
Victory Goldfields (ASX:1VG) (“Victory” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce the discovery of Rare Earth Elements (REE) including critical Heavy Rare Earth Elements (HRE) from follow up assays that initially reported significant anomalous values of Yttrium (Y) at Victory’s 100% owned Mafeking and North Stanmore project, situated approximately 15kms from Cue township.2
- Fusion-ICPMS assays for Rare Earth Element and Yttrium (REEY) from 25 air core4 metre composite samples report high concentrations of Total Rare Earth Oxides (TREO) that exhibit a high ratio of Heavy Rare Earth Oxides (HREO) and Gold (Au):
- Average (HREO) of 419ppm
- Average (TREO) of 1020ppm
- Highest (TREO) concentration of 3872ppm
- Intersections up to 16m and remain open
- Current strike length over 1km and a width of 200m that remains open
- Highest Gold intersection of 0.5 g/t1
- Results indicate a High HREO/TREO ratio of 40%. These strategically important HREOs are in demand for the manufacture of magnets used in electric vehicles and wind turbines.
- Reported magnet REOs (Pr), (Nd), (Tb), and (Dy) totalling 24.6%.
- Scandium a critical component of military aircraft, aerospace industry and Hydrogen fuel cells is present at significant concentrations, up to 94ppm (Sc2O3).
- The REE and Sc anomalism is interpreted to be hosted in a saprolite clay mineral system that overlies a mafic to ultramafic igneous source intrusion. Some REE patterns reflect the chemistry of this intrusive source.
- The remaining 1086 samples from the 4,400m air core drilling program at Victory’s North Stanmore project currently are being re-assayed by fusion ICPMS to confirm the potential size of the REEY and Sc mineral system defined by the latest drilling program.
“The Company is very pleased with its initial assay results that include a high percentage of HREs that are critical in conjunction with some LRE for the efficiency of electric vehicles, along with many other new technology applications.”
“Adamas Intelligence forecasts that the value of global magnet rare earth oxide consumption will triple from $15.1bn in 2022 to $46.2bn by 2035 which affirms the potential opportunity with this discovery.”3
NORTH STANMORE RARE EARTH ELEMENT DISCOVERY
Victory’s recently completed 4400m air core drilling program identifying significant values of both heavy rare earth oxides (HREO) and light rare earth oxides (LREO).
Anomalous Yttrium (Y) values up to 4m @ 964ppm and Lanthanum, up to 4m @ 559ppm and Cerium up to 4m @ 475ppm were originally identified4. As a result, 25 samples with elevated levels of Y were selected from the pulps of the initial assay program for re-assay by fusion ICPMS for the full suite of REEs. These results directed Victory to commission the services of an expert REE specialist and geochemist to interpret the results which reported an average Total Rare Earth Oxide (TREO) grade of 1020ppm and a Heavy Rare Earth Oxide (HREO)of 419ppm, with the highest TREO concentration reaching 3872ppm. The 25 samples occur over a strike length of 1km and a width of 200m that remains open in all directions. Refer to Appendix 1 for a full table of results.
This article includes content from Victory Goldfields, licensed for the purpose of publishing on Investing News Australia. This article does not constitute financial product advice. It is your responsibility to perform proper due diligence before acting upon any information provided here. Please refer to our full disclaimer here.