See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
Transformative, concussion management technology company, HITIQ Limited (ASX: HIQ) (HITIQ or the Company), is pleased to provide an update on its activities for its transformative, concussion management technology for the quarter ended 30 September 2021.
HITIQ has made meaningful progress towards its operating milestones as outlined in its FY'22 strategic plan. Concern around the world continues to grow regarding the incidence of sports related concussions and their potential health impacts. HITIQ is well positioned to build a leading position in this marketplace, pursuing strong relationships with customers and partners in domestic and global markets.
The Company announced several exciting customer programs during the quarter, advancing its market entry plans with respect to targeted elite athlete and consumer markets. HITIQ has developed an array of diverse partnerships in domestic and global markets with a focus on commercial outcomes.
- An agreement was signed with Scottish Rugby to deploy HITIQ technology in a season long trial for its national professional programs during the 2021/22 season;
- Represents a "first of its kind" collaboration involving a national Rugby Union team;
- Scottish Rugby Chief Medical Officer, Dr James Robson, said that "in this trial we aim to improve our understanding of impact loads on our players in both the training and match environments.";
- Over 120 elite players will use the technology in both training and match settings;
- Participating teams will span – Scotland Men's / Women's National squads, Scotland 7's, and Edinburgh Rugby; and
- Importantly, the program provides HITIQ with a visible footprint within an established Northern Hemisphere Rugby competition, along with a data source from a diverse market that feeds into the Company's growing global headimpact databank.
US College Football
- A partnership was established with six Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) division one US college football programsto deploy HITIQ technology in the upcoming 2021 college football season;
- The program will provide further valuable source of data from another global market feeding into HITIQ's globalhead-impact databank;
- Enables a commercial pathway to 900 college football programs including 100,000 players that the Company canleverage in a key international elite market segment;
- Over 100 elite players will use the technology during the 2021 season with the aim to quantify and profile headimpacts experienced in collegiate level American football players; and
- Participant programs include – Tulane University, University of Tulsa, Georgia Tech University, University ofTennessee Knoxville, University of South Carolina, and Brigham Young University
- The Company continued to deploy its sensor-based mouthguards during the quarter as part of its contractedmulti-year league wide deal with the Australian Football League (AFL);
- The successful establishment of player impact databanks is on-going; and
- Phase 2 deployment to the AFL Women's league (AFLW) is on track for use in the 2022 season.
- A program partnership with Rugby Australia was announced to deploy HITIQ impact sensors in a landmark playerwell-being program;
- The program aims to enhance concussion management protocols leading to better health outcomes for players;
- Data collected from HITIQ technology will assess head impacts experienced in rugby union; and
- The technology will initially be deployed into the QLD Premier Rugby 1st grade competition in the 2021 season