See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- Top Stocks
- Top Australian Gold Stocks
- Top ASX Copper Stocks
- Top ASX Nickel Stocks
- Top ASX Rare Earth Stocks
- Top Battery Metals Stocks on the ASX
- Top Australian Lithium Stocks
- Top Graphite Miners on the ASX
- 10 ASX Cannabis Stocks
- Top ASX Tech Stocks
- Top AI Stocks on the ASX
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
- Top Stocks
- Resource Investing
- Technology Investing
- Cannabis Investing
- Australia Stocks
- INNvestor Reports
Galan Lithium Limited (ASX: GLN) (Galan or the Company) is pleased to provide an update on the intensive site and study activities in progress for its 100%-owned Hombre Muerto West Lithium Project (HMW) in Catamarca Province, Argentina.
- HMW Definitive Feasibility Study (DFS) on budget and on track for completion by end-CY2022.
- Two pumping boreholes now completed with short term pumping tests successfully performed on both wells; third borehole to commence shortly.
- Long term borehole hydraulic pumping tests set to commence in May.
- Pilot plant construction progressing well; main pond completed with brine filling imminent and evaporation piloting to follow
- Exploration diamond drill hole underway at Pata Pila; to provide key information on potential Mineral Resource extension beyond salar limits.
- Mineral Resource update on track for delivery Q3 CY2022.
- Recently completed Transient Electromagnetic (TEM) geophysical survey identifies potential new Mineral Resource zones.
- New target zones exploration drilling set to commence in Q2 CY2022.
Galan’s Managing Director and CEO, JP Vargas de la Vega, said:
“I have spent the past few months on the ground in Argentina and Chile working with our teams, relevant government authorities and the local communities. I am very pleased to say that our world-class lithium HMW Project is progressing strongly, on all fronts. My meetings with local Catamarca authorities saw evidence of excellent governmental and community support for the HMW and Candelas Projects. We are proud to be rapidly advancing projects that offer such economic and social benefits to the broader regions in which they are located.”
“Despite the logistical challenges posed by COVID-19, our key activities at the HMW Project remain on track and on budget. Even more importantly, we remain lost time injury free with all work being undertaken in a safe and highly professional manner. Thank you to our dedicated teams in Argentina, Chile and Australia, who have Galan blood in their veins.”
“Finally, as part of this update it is also pleasing to be able to demonstrate the further potential Mineral Resource upside evidenced by the recent TEM geophysical survey. We look forward to aggressively drilling these new target zones from next quarter and through the rest of 2022.”
Definitive Feasibility Study update
The HMW Definitive Feasibility Study (DFS) is being led by leading global engineering consulting group, Hatch. The Feasibility Study teams Hatch with Galan’s other key consultants, including Ad-Infinitum, SRK and WSP, along with the Company’s own project teams in Argentina, Chile and Australia.
Early DFS workstreams have now been completed, including various trade-off analyses for location of main infrastructure and process design. Work has also now commenced on detailed facilities design.
The Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) preparation has begun with Galan further strengthening its team in this area, allowing for regular interaction with all key stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
The DFS is on budget and on schedule for completion by end-CY2022.
This article includes content from Galan Lithium Limited, licensed for the purpose of publishing on Investing News Australia. This article does not constitute financial product advice. It is your responsibility to perform proper due diligence before acting upon any information provided here. Please refer to our full disclaimer here.