Azure Minerals Limited announces Alacrán Project drilling continues to intersect wide intervals of significant gold and silver mineralisation.
- Strong gold intersections from southern Loma Bonita, including:
- MDPC-153: 58.5m @ 0.7g/t Au from 15m; including 19.5m @ 1.0g/t Au
- MDPC-154: 73.5m @ 0.7g/t Au from 0m; including 12.0m @ 1.3g/t Au
- MDPC-155: 31.5m @ 1.7g/t Au from 0m (entire hole)
- MDPC-160: 37.5m @ 1.8g/t Au from 1.5m; including 19.5m @ 2.4g/t Au
- MDPC-161: 28.5m @ 1.3g/t Au from 0m
- MDPC-162: 34.5m @ 1.2g/t Au from 87m; including 6.0m @ 3.3g/t Au
- Drilling confirms that gold mineralisation extends for a further 100m to 150m south of the southern boundary of the current Loma Bonita mineral resource
- As expected, drilling within Mesa de Plata silver resource to collect samples for advanced metallurgical testwork returned strong silver intersections including:
- MDPC-150: 10.5m @ 805g/t Ag from 12m; including 6m @ 1,284g/t Ag
- MDPC-151: 24.0m @ 474g/t Ag from 36m; including 15m @ 677g/t Ag
- MDPC-152: 40.5m @ 344g/t Ag from 0m; including 10.5m @ 774g/t Ag
Azure Minerals Limited (“Azure” or “the Company) (ASX: AZS) is pleased to announce that drilling continues to intersect wide intervals of significant gold and silver mineralisation on its 100%-owned Alacrán Project in Sonora, Mexico.
Azure’s previous exploration on Alacrán discovered the Mesa de Plata silver deposit (refer Table 3 for Mineral Resource) and the adjacent Loma Bonita gold-silver deposit (refer Table 4 for Mineral Resource) (see Figures 1 & 2). These two deposits contain total mineral resources of:
Mesa de Plata (ASX: 1 December 2016):
27.4Moz silver in 10.5Mt @ 82g/t Ag
- Includes an at-surface high-grade resource of: 15.5Moz silver in 1.8Mt @ 275g/t Ag
Loma Bonita (ASX: 21 December 2016):
- 150,000oz gold & 4.8Moz silver in 5.4Mt @ 0.9g/t Au & 28g/t Ag
DRILL PROGRAM DETAILS
The Reverse Circulation (RC) drilling program is being undertaken at the Loma Bonita gold-silver deposit for resource infill and extension, at Mesa de Plata to collect additional samples for advanced metallurgical testwork, and at several greenfields exploration targets.