See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- Top Stocks
- Top Australian Gold Stocks
- Top ASX Copper Stocks
- Top ASX Nickel Stocks
- Top ASX Rare Earth Stocks
- Top Battery Metals Stocks on the ASX
- Top Australian Lithium Stocks
- Top Graphite Miners on the ASX
- 10 ASX Cannabis Stocks
- Top ASX Tech Stocks
- Top AI Stocks on the ASX
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
- TOP STOCKS
- COMPANY PROFILES
- RESOURCE INVESTING
- TECHNOLOGY INVESTING
- CANNABIS INVESTING
- INNvestor REPORTS
Marquee Resources Limited (Company or Marquee) (ASX: MQR) is pleased to announce that drilling at the highly prospective Kibby Basin Lithium Project (Project) in Nevada, USA has commenced.
- Marquee commences drilling at the highly anticipated Kibby Lithium Project in Nevada. The Project is fully permitted for water extraction for the use of brine processing and production of lithium compounds within the 2,560 acres (~10.35sqkm) Project, a key feature should a Large-Scale brine and clay lithium deposit be identified.
- The two (2) stage drill program for a total 3,000 metres across three (3) drill holes will target a highly conductive geophysical anomaly, which has the signature for a potential lithium enriched aquifer beneath the Kibby Playa (dried lakebed).
- The Project is located ~4 hours from Tesla’s Gigafactory Number 1 and ~50kms north of ASX-listed Ioneer Ltd's (ASX: INR) flagship Rhyolite Ridge Lithium-Boron Project which has recently been Joint Ventured with Sibanye Stillwater Limited (Sibanye-Stillwater) to develop the project, with Sibanye- Stillwater contributing US$490 million for a 50% interest in the Joint Venture.
- The setting of the Kibby Valley is a 7.4km long structure identified with characteristics interpreted to be akin to major structures bounding the south side of Clayton Valley, indicating a basin large enough to develop layers that could act as aquifers, as well as allow for development of a favourable hydrogeologic setting to host lithium‐bearing brines.
The two (2) stage – 3,000 metre drill program across three drill holes will target a highly conductive geophysical anomaly, which has the signature for a potential lithium enriched aquifer beneath the Kibby Playa (dried lakebed).
Figure 1 - Kibby Basin Section and Proposed Drill Holes
The objective of the drill program is to delineate a lithium-enriched brine aquifer deposit in Kibby Basin, Nevada, USA that is amenable to mining, using wells to extract brine for processing to a saleable lithium hydroxide monohydrate (LiOH∙H2O) product.
The potential deposit type is a continental, mineral-enriched brine aquifer within a hydrographically closed basin (endorheic basin). Continental brines are the primary source for lithium products worldwide. Bradley and others (2013) noted that “all producing lithium brine deposits share several first-order characteristics: (1) arid climate; (2)closed basin containing a playa or salar; (3) tectonically driven subsidence; (4) associated igneous or geothermal activity; (5) suitable lithium source-rocks; (6) one or more adequate aquifers; and (7) sufficient time to concentrate a brine.”
The Project target is a potential lithium enriched aquifer at an estimated 800-1,000 metre depth. It is at this depth, Albermarle, who owns the only producing lithium mine in North America which is located in Clayton Valley has been successfully extracting lithium brines.
Kibby Basin Lithium Project