See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- Top Stocks
- Top Australian Gold Stocks
- Top ASX Copper Stocks
- Top ASX Nickel Stocks
- Top ASX Rare Earth Stocks
- Top Battery Metals Stocks on the ASX
- Top Australian Lithium Stocks
- Top Graphite Miners on the ASX
- 10 ASX Cannabis Stocks
- Top ASX Tech Stocks
- Top AI Stocks on the ASX
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
- Top Stocks
- Resource Investing
- Technology Investing
- Cannabis Investing
- Australia Stocks
- INNvestor Reports
Arcadia Minerals Ltd (ASX:AM7, FRA:8OH) (Arcadia or the Company), the diversified exploration company targeting a suite of projects aimed at Tantalum, Lithium, Nickel, Copper and Gold in Namibia, is pleased to announce that a Mining License and an Environmental Clearance Certificate have been granted to Arcadia’s 80% owned subsidiary Orange River Pegmatite (Pty) Ltd (ORP).
- Mining License granted over the Swanson Tantalum Project Area
- Environmental Clearance Certificate Issued for the proposed development of a Tantalite Mine at Swanson
- Definitive Feasibility Study over Swanson well underway and expected to be completed by September 2022
Figure 1: Map indicating in hatched red the Swanson Mining License Area
In terms of the Minerals (Prospecting and Mining Act) of 1992, the mining license is renewable by application 12 months before its expiry date subject to ORP showing that the mineral to which the mining license relates exists in the mining area in sufficient quantity that it can be won or mined and sold. The Minister may not refuse to grant an application for the renewal of a mining licence if the holder of the license complied with the terms of the mining license and the proposed programme of mining operations and has expended the capital required for the purposes of which the mining license was granted.
Environmental Clearance Certificate
ORP has also received notice that an Environmental Clearance Certificate (ECC) to undertake the proposed development of a Tantalite Mine at Swanson and to commence with activities specified in ORP’s environmental assessment report and environmental management plan filed with the Ministry of Environment, Forestry and Tourism of Namibia has been granted under reference ECC 02187.
As reported on 6 May 20221 the Company is in the process of completing a Definitive Feasibility Study over the Swanson Tantalum Project for the production of a Tantalum concentrate containing a minimum metal content of 25%. The study is well underway and is expected to be completed by September 2022.
This announcement has been authorised for release by the directors of Arcadia Minerals Limited.
For further information please contact:
Arcadia Minerals Limited
This article includes content from Arcadia Minerals, licensed for the purpose of publishing on Investing News Australia. This article does not constitute financial product advice. It is your responsibility to perform proper due diligence before acting upon any information provided here. Please refer to our full disclaimer here.