See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- Top Stocks
- Top Australian Gold Stocks
- Top ASX Copper Stocks
- Top ASX Nickel Stocks
- Top ASX Rare Earth Stocks
- Top Battery Metals Stocks on the ASX
- Top Australian Lithium Stocks
- Top Graphite Miners on the ASX
- 10 ASX Cannabis Stocks
- Top ASX Tech Stocks
- Top AI Stocks on the ASX
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
- Top Stocks
- Resource Investing
- Technology Investing
- Cannabis Investing
- Australia Stocks
- INNvestor Reports
Latin Resources Limited (ASX: LRS) (“Latin” or “the Company”) is pleased to confirm that drilling has commenced, with the top 90 metres of the first hole intersecting multiple zones of spodumene bearing pegmatites at the Company’s Salinas Lithium Project in Brazil (“Salinas” or the “Project”), where the Company has defined multiple priority drill targets in what has been described as a lithium corridor.
- The first diamond hole drilled at the Company's Salinas Lithium Project in Brazil has intersected three separate spodumene rich pegmatites down dip from high-grade outcropping lithium.
- Potential new lithium discovery in one of the world’s best mining jurisdictions.
- Priority drill targets were identified through surface sampling which returned high-grade results including 2.71% Li2O and 1.45% Li2O from spodumene bearing pegmatites, mapped over a strike length of over 1.2kilometres.
- The Company plans to drill 14 diamond holes for a total of 2,000m of drilling in the first phase of drilling.
- The Bananal Valley is located within the Minas Gerais state – a rich mining region of Brazil, and home to the Grotado Cirilio Project under development by CAD$1.3 billion market cap TSX-V listed Sigma Lithium Corporation.
Whilst drilling is ongoing to target depth, the Company is pleased to note that already three separate shallow-dipping spodumene pegmatites have been intersected in the first drill hole SADD001 (Appendix 1) (Figure 1).
This article includes content from Latin Resources, licensed for the purpose of publishing on Investing News Australia. This article does not constitute financial product advice. It is your responsibility to perform proper due diligence before acting upon any information provided here. Please refer to our full disclaimer here.