See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- Top Stocks
- Top Australian Gold Stocks
- Top ASX Copper Stocks
- Top ASX Nickel Stocks
- Top ASX Rare Earth Stocks
- Top Battery Metals Stocks on the ASX
- Top Australian Lithium Stocks
- Top Graphite Miners on the ASX
- 10 ASX Cannabis Stocks
- Top ASX Tech Stocks
- Top AI Stocks on the ASX
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
- TOP STOCKS
- COMPANY PROFILES
- RESOURCE INVESTING
- TECHNOLOGY INVESTING
- CANNABIS INVESTING
- INNvestor REPORTS
Latin Resources Limited (ASX: LRS) (“Latin” or “the Company”) is pleased to advise the latest assay results from diamond drilling at the Company’s 100% owned high-grade Colina Lithium Prospect (“Colina”), one of several prospects within the Salina Lithium Project in Brazil, has confirmed the previously reported visual spodumene estimations in hole SADD016. These results have surpassed all previous intersections, returning 25.24m @ 1.25% Li2O1 from the central area of the Colina Prospect. Mineralisation remains open to the south.
- Drilling at Colina has confirmed the presence of additional wide, spodumene bearing pegmatites below any previously reported intersections, with recent drill hole SADD020 intersecting 7.46m of pegmatite with estimated 15-20% spodumene.
- The latest results from diamond drilling in the centre of the Colina Prospect have confirmed the previously reported wide spodumene pegmatite intersection in drill hole SADD016, returning 25.24 m @ 1.25 % Li2O from 94.14 m.
- The Company will undertake preliminary Dense Media Separation (DMS) metallurgical test work on the Colina Prospect drill core as a part of the Company’s fast-track strategy.
Latin Resources’ Exploration Manager, Tony Greenaway, commented:
“Our drilling at Colina continues to return excellent results, with these latest assays from drill hole SADD016 being our best intersection to date, further highlighting this central zone of Colina as a priority area for the Company.
“The discovery of a new spodumene pegmatite at depth in hole SADD020, below all our previously reported pegmatites, has highlighted the upside at Colina. We know we have additional pegmatites to test further out to the west of Colina, and now we have proven the potential for additional stacked pegmatites at depth. The more we drill at Colina, the better this prospect seems to get. Based on this newly discovered pegmatite, the Company will continue to push our drilling below our previous target depths to fully evaluate this emerging new zone.
“We are also very pleased to get some initial metallurgical test work underway. We have had very productive discussions with a number of specialist consultant groups during the recent PDAC conference including metallurgical, mining, and environmental permitting consultants. We outlined and have initiated some dense media separation test work, which will provide the Company with preliminary recovery and potential lithium concentrate grades, as well as providing guidance for a more detailed metallurgical test work program to be undertaken as part of the Company’s strategy to fast-track our exploration activities to a Maiden JORC Mineral Resource.”
Colina Prospect – Resource Definition Drilling
Latest assay results from diamond drilling at the Company’s 100% owned Colina Lithium Prospect, part of the broader Salinas Lithium Project in Brazil, have confirmed the grade of the previously reported wide pegmatite in hole SADD016 (Figure 1 and Figure 2) including2:
- SADD0016: 25.24m @ 1.25% Li2O from 94.13min
including: 7.00m @ 1.52% Li2O from 97.00m
and: 9.19m @ 1.51% Li2O from 109.00m
Visual logging of hole SADD017 drilled down dip to the east of hole SADD016, has shown multiple separate wide pegmatites (Figure 3), with the Company’s on-site field teams estimating significant zones of spodumene in the logged pegmatites (Refer to Table 1 for details).
In addition to these two results, SADD020 drilled approximately 260m to the south of SADD016, has uncovered a new thick pegmatite below any previously reported intersections, with a zone of 7.46m of spodumene bearing pegmatite at a depth of 207.08m own hole (Figure 2 and Figure 4), with logging estimating between 15-20% spodumene3.
Figure 1: Drill section A-A’ showing completed and planned drill holes, and results for SADD0164and logged pegmatite intersections for SADD017 (results pending)
These results highlight the significant upside potential for the discovery of new pegmatite zones within the Colina Prospect. With the imminent arrival of additional, larger drilling rigs capable of reaching greater depths, the Company continues to push drilling beyond previously planned depths to fully evaluate this new zone.
This article includes content from Latin Resources Ltd (ASX:LRS), licensed for the purpose of publishing on Investing News Australia. This article does not constitute financial product advice. It is your responsibility to perform proper due diligence before acting upon any information provided here. Please refer to our full disclaimer here.