See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- Top Stocks
- Top Australian Gold Stocks
- Top ASX Copper Stocks
- Top ASX Nickel Stocks
- Top ASX Rare Earth Stocks
- Top Battery Metals Stocks on the ASX
- Top Australian Lithium Stocks
- Top Graphite Miners on the ASX
- 10 ASX Cannabis Stocks
- Top ASX Tech Stocks
- Top AI Stocks on the ASX
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
- TOP STOCKS
- COMPANY PROFILES
- RESOURCE INVESTING
- TECHNOLOGY INVESTING
- CANNABIS INVESTING
- INNvestor REPORTS
The CEO of Orion said the results from the locked-cycle testwork program confirms that they can include and use the historical mine metallurgical performance in the ongoing bankable feasibility study.
Orion Minerals (ASX:ORN) has announced that metallurgical testwork at the Prieska zinc-copper project in South Africa confirms targeted recoveries with production of saleable zinc and copper concentrates.
As highlighted in the press release:
- Completed testwork confirms metallurgical continuity across the deep sulfide zone at Prieska.
- No material metallurgical zonation issues encountered.
- Excellent copper and zinc metal recoveries confirmed, in line with historical mine performance.
- Ability to produce high-quality, differentiated copper and zinc metal concentrates.
- Results will allow process plant design to proceed, as part of the Prieska BFS due in Q2 2019.
- Preliminary testwork shows potential to use safer and more environmentally-friendly froth-flotation chemical reagents, with added benefit of delivering cost reductions.
Orion managing director and CEO, Errol Smart, said:
This is an important result, which shows that we can expect to at least match and potentially exceed the historical plant performance and concentrate qualities.
The results from the locked-cycle testwork program confirms that we can include and use the historical mine metallurgical performance in the ongoing Bankable Feasibility Study, allowing us to complete the design of the process plant.
We can now also provide potential concentrate off-take parties with target concentrate specifications including minor element analyses, confirming our ability to deliver high quality concentrates.
The fact that we can produce concentrates with negligible levels of key contaminants such as manganese or lead in our zinc concentrates is a real plus for Orion as a new base metals producer.