See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- Top Stocks
- Top Australian Gold Stocks
- Top ASX Copper Stocks
- Top ASX Nickel Stocks
- Top ASX Rare Earth Stocks
- Top Battery Metals Stocks on the ASX
- Top Australian Lithium Stocks
- Top Graphite Miners on the ASX
- 10 ASX Cannabis Stocks
- Top ASX Tech Stocks
- Top AI Stocks on the ASX
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
- Top Stocks
- Resource Investing
- Technology Investing
- Cannabis Investing
- Australia Stocks
- INNvestor Reports
The company said the infill drilling program was primarily designed to increase sample density for the deep sulfide mineral resource, with the objective of upgrading the inferred resource reported previously.
Orion Minerals (ASX,JSE:ORN) has announced that it has successfully completed an 85,424m infill and extension drilling program at its Prieska zinc-copper project in the Areachap belt in South Africa’s Northern Cape Province.
The company said the infill drilling program was primarily designed to increase sample density for the deep sulfide mineral resource, with the objective of upgrading the inferred resource reported previously as the foundation for the ongoing bankable feasibility study due for completion early next year.
As highlighted in the press release:
- Prieska deep sulfide project drill-out program completed on schedule.
- Excellent safety record maintained over duration of the program.
- 85,424 metres drilled since May 2017 with up to 18 surface diamond drill rigs.
- 87 intersections completed to in-fill and twin historical drilling; 15 intersections for metallurgical sampling.
- Updated mineral resource scheduled for mid-December 2018 to underpin bankable feasibility study.
- High priority target areas identified for follow-up drilling to target extensions to intersected mineralization.