The company said the results and surface geometry highlight the potential for open‐pit mining at Zackly.
PolarX Limited (ASX: PXX) has reported more strong assays which it says demonstrate the potential for a significant gold‐copper open pit mine at the Zackly deposit within its Alaska Range project in the eponymous US state.
As highlighted in the press release:
- Assays reveal the latest hole at Zackly intersected multiple mineralized zones starting just 8.2m from surface
- The hole is adjacent to a new 47‐55m thick sub‐horizontal zone of mineralization which returned assays of up to 3.1 grams per tonne (g/t) gold and 0.6 percent copper
- These results and surface geometry highlight the potential for open‐pit mining
- The mineralization remains open in all directions and there is strong potential for it to connect to the Zackly inferred resource, 850m to the west
- The latest result, combined with the recent high‐resolution magnetic data, provides more evidence of a nearby porphyry complex