See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- Top Stocks
- Top Australian Gold Stocks
- Top ASX Copper Stocks
- Top ASX Nickel Stocks
- Top ASX Rare Earth Stocks
- Top Battery Metals Stocks on the ASX
- Top Australian Lithium Stocks
- Top Graphite Miners on the ASX
- 10 ASX Cannabis Stocks
- Top ASX Tech Stocks
- Top AI Stocks on the ASX
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
- Top Stocks
- Resource Investing
- Technology Investing
- Cannabis Investing
- Australia Stocks
- INNvestor Reports
The Trundle Project includes one single license covering 167km2 and was secured by Kincora in the March 2020 agreement with RareX Limited (“REE” on the ASX). Kincora is the operator, holds a 65% interest in the Trundle Project and is the sole funder until a positive scoping study is delivered at which time a fund or dilute joint venture will be formed.
- Assay results for TRDD030 return cumulative gold and copper mineralisation across 164m in three skarn zones:
- Localised higher grade intervals of up to 1.68g/t gold and 3.61% copper
- Middle Skarn: 29m @ 0.54 g/t gold and 0.22% copper, including 5m @ 1.46g/t gold and 0.56% copper
- Lower Skarn: 22m @ 0.51 g/t gold
- Most recent hole TRDD032 has intersected cumulative skarn intervals of >170m below multiple zones and phases of moderate to strong potassic and later epidote alteration, in places cut by quartz veinlets with chalcopyrite, bornite and covellite mineralisation in volcanics.
- Tabular, bedded, mineralised skarn system across three zones confirmed over >325m NW-SE strike and >225m W-E wide (and open) in the Southern Extension Zone (SEZ) discovery.
- Skarn alteration, widths and mineral zonation coupled with sulphide veining in overlying volcanics supports working interpretation of targeted causative intrusive source on a lateral setting.
- Hole TRDD033 commenced stepping out a further 225m east and testing the southern extension for mineralised intrusions.
- Internal and external specialist geological reviews of the Southern Extension Zone commenced, seeking to maximize vectors for follow up drilling.
- Assay results are pending for 8 prospects across the Trundle and Fairholme projects, including for 2 diamond holes (from the SEZ discovery) and 72 air-core holes. Within the Mongolian license portfolio, completion of resource estimate work for the Bronze Fox project is expected shortly.
Kincora Copper Limited (the Company, Kincora) (TSXV & ASX:KCC) is very pleased to provide an exploration update from ongoing drilling at Trundle Park prospect situated at the brownfield Trundle project, located in the Macquarie Arc of the Lachlan Fold Belt (LFB) in NSW, Australia.
John Holliday, Technical Committee chair, noted:
“Assay results from TRDD030 with intervals of ore grade copper and gold in skarn further illustrate a very large and multiple phase skarn mineralised system at the Southern Extension Zone (SEZ) discovery.
And now the most recent hole (TRDD032) has extended the system more than 150m to the southeast by also intersecting significant widths with visible chalcopyrite associated with magnetite-garnet-sulphide skarn and later retrograde quartzcarbonate-sulphide veins. This hole also has strong alteration and high temperature sulphides, including bornite, covellite and chalcopyrite, in the volcanics overlying the skarn.
With four completed holes, two with assay results, along a 330 metre strike which is 225m wide (and open in all directions), we are increasing our geological firepower to maximise our knowledge of this highly prospective SEZ discovery. We are continually seeking to refine vectors for high priority follow-up drilling of our primary target, a large-scale copper-gold mineralised porphyry intrusion source for the skarn mineralisation. This work will now be reinforced by the knowledge of Dr. Alan Wilson, a leading independent economic geologist consultant with considerable global and Macquarie Arc porphyry experience, whom I have previously worked very closely with.
Recently commenced follow up hole TRDD033 is another large step out to the east, seeking to extend the SEZ and locate the porphyry intrusion source. This hole is expected to significantly contribute to our review work and have implications for both follow up drilling at the SEZ and also the Botfield skarn prospect which lies further south.”
This article includes content from RareX Limited, licensed for the purpose of publishing on Investing News Australia. This article does not constitute financial product advice. It is your responsibility to perform proper due diligence before acting upon any information provided here. Please refer to our full disclaimer here.