- BPH Energy is an ASX-listed investment company based in Western Australia.
- The company recently completed a $1.2 million placement to fund further investment in Hydrogen, PEP11 and its carbon gas storage strategy.
- BPH holds a 36.1 percent interest in Advent Energy Limited, a 10 percent interest in Clean Hydrogen Technologies, and a 20 percent interest in Cortical Dynamics.
- Clean Hydrogen Technology is in the process of upscaling into a much larger commercial operation.
- Cortical Dynamics has the potential to expand its technology not just into the EU marketplace, but globally thanks to a recent partnership with Philips.
- The global hydrogen market is projected to grow from less than US$100 billion in 2021 to over US$200 billion by 2030. Demand is projected to reach up to 73 million metric tons by 2050.
- The Australian Corporation and Consumer Commission has warned that the developed gas reserves in eastern and southeastern Australia may be unable to meet demand by the end of 2023.
- Due to the predicted gas supply shortfall, Advent Energy's PEP11 asset has generated significant interest among investors and displays the potential for a significant uplift in value.
- PEP11 also has the potential to fill the gap represented by the impending gas shortage.
- BPH Energy's investee company Cortical Dynamics has secured FDA 510(k) clearance in the USA for its flagship technology, the Brain Anaesthesia Response Monitor or BARM™ system version 1.
Australia is on the verge of an energy crisis. Inaction by the Australian government on gas and energy security has resulted in a gas market that is very nearly running on empty, with extreme price hikes and the possibility of significant losses in employment and capital.
Against the backdrop of a global clean energy transition, natural gas represents a critical fuel for this transition. The switch to renewable energy is not one that can occur overnight, and natural gas offers an avenue for a gradual transition.
Natural gas represents a low-carbon, low-emission alternative to traditional energy sources, and could even be leveraged for sustainable energy.