See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
- Acquisition of lithium licence applications in Serbia – Jadar North, Petlovaca and jig
- The transaction forms part of a larger strategy to position Volt as a multi- commodity battery minerals company
- Jadar North licence application over ground adjacent to Rio's world-class Jadar lithium-borate project in Serbia
- Anomalous intersections of lithium and borate identified on Jadar North from limited historical diamond drilling
- Jadar basin 100% occupied by Rio and Asena – subject to Asena being granted the Jadar Northlicence
- Volt to acquire Serbian company Asena Investments d.o.o. which holds the rights to the three licence applications
- Subject to the licence applications being granted Phase 1 drilling program expected to commence in CY Q3 2022 across all three licences
Volt Chairman, AsimweKabunga, commented:
"The Asena transaction is an exciting opportunity for Volt to acquire lithium licences in highly prospective and under-explored areas in Serbia.
The transaction forms part of a larger strategy to position Volt to become a multi-commodity battery minerals company, with projects focussed on the two key minerals in the fast growing lithium-ion battery market – lithium and graphite.
With these assets located in Europe and relatively close to the USA market, Volt's integrated battery minerals supply chain strategy continues to evolve and provides shareholders with significant long term growth opportunities."
This article includes content from Volt Resources, licensed for the purpose of publishing on Investing News Australia. This article does not constitute financial product advice. It is your responsibility to perform proper due diligence before acting upon any information provided here. Please refer to our full disclaimer here.