See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
American West Metals Limited (American West or the Company) (ASX: AW1), is pleased to announce the results of the recent gravity survey that was completed over the West Desert Project in Utah (West Desert or the Project).
- New high-resolution gravity survey completed by American West over the West Desert Deposit and broader project area
- Multiple gravity anomalies identified that are interpreted as West Desert Deposit look-alikes
- Historical drilling indicates potential association of gravity anomalies with high-grade zinc- copper-lead mineralisation
- American West’s inaugural drill programme at West Desert to commence this week, with planning and permitting underway to also test new exploration targets with a second drill rig.
The gravity survey was the first of its type completed over the West Desert Project area and was designed to image the known deposit – a large historical and foreign resource (Ni 43-101 compliant) of over 59Mt, including a higher-grade core of approximately 16.5Mt@6.3%Zn,0.3%Cuand33g/tIn– and porphyry system, and identify new focus areas for exploration.
Significantly, the West Desert Deposit presents as a distinct gravity anomaly in the data, with multiple other similar anomalies – in areas with little to no drilling – also recorded in the survey data.
This article includes content from American West, licensed for the purpose of publishing on Investing News Australia. This article does not constitute financial product advice. It is your responsibility to perform proper due diligence before acting upon any information provided here. Please refer to our full disclaimer here.