See our exclusive index of companies on the move:Explore Stocks
- Top Stocks
- Top Australian Gold Stocks
- Top ASX Copper Stocks
- Top ASX Nickel Stocks
- Top ASX Rare Earth Stocks
- Top Battery Metals Stocks on the ASX
- Top Australian Lithium Stocks
- Top Graphite Miners on the ASX
- 10 ASX Cannabis Stocks
- Top ASX Tech Stocks
- Top AI Stocks on the ASX
- On Site
- About Australian Cannabis Investing
- About Australian Resource Investing
- About Australian Tech Investing
- About Australia Investing
- Of Interest
- ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Trade Agreement
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Australian FAQ on ASEAN
- Australia Government on Foreign Investments
- TOP STOCKS
- COMPANY PROFILES
- RESOURCE INVESTING
- TECHNOLOGY INVESTING
- CANNABIS INVESTING
- INVESTOR REPORTS
Tango Channel Program Returns Up To 3.4% Li20 Grades
Balkan Mining and Minerals Ltd (“BMM” or “the Company”) (ASX: BMM) is pleased to announce the results of the initial channel sampling program completed at the Tango Lithium project located in Ontario, Canada (the “Tango Lithium Project” or “Project”).
- Channel sampling has been completed over historical findings at the Island showing on the Tango Lithium Project, Ontario Canada.
- All channel samples confirmed the strong presence of lithium mineralisation across the pegmatite exposure with the highest value up to 3.4% Li2O, averaging 1.49 % Li2O.
- Generated new surface geological interpretation at 1:7000 scale based on all available historical mapping data into the interpretation of the magnetic survey. These results will assist the Company in planning its upcoming programs.
Logging and analysis from the channel sampling program has confirmed the strong presence of spodumene with lithium mineralisation identified in all of the channel samples, returning outstanding grades of up to 3.4% Li2O, with an average of 1.49% Li2O. A complete list of assay results are shown in the Table 1 overleaf.
Balkan Mining and Minerals, Managing Director, Ross Cotton commented:
“We are extremely pleased that all channel samples confirmed the strong presence of lithium mineralisation at the Tango Project, supporting the Projects historical results. The Company is focused on fast tracking the next phase of our exploration activities which will provide us with targets for our initial drilling program.”
The initial channel sampling program at the Project was designed to test and verify historical data carried out at the Island Showing pegmatite between 1955 and 1957 by the Ontario Lithium Company.1 In total, 24 samples were collected from two mechanically cut channel samples.
The geological team cut over a 17m channel across the surface of the outcropping pegmatite, collecting 24 samples which were up to 1 metre long. The channel samples were logged and sent to the ALS laboratory in Thunder Bay for sample preparation and assaying.
Table 1 - Tango Project, Channel sampling assays results
Figure 1 – Tango Project Geology Map
Figure 2 – Map showing the location of channel samples and lithium values
In parallel with channel sampling, the Company has completed new surface geological interpretation at a 1:7000 scale based on all available historical mapping data together with high- resolution heliborne magnetic survey conducted by Prospectair Geosurveys Inc late last year.2
Magnetic lows were highlighted (red dashed lines) to aid with vectoring towards future works. This new interpretation will assist the Company in planning the upcoming field season.
This article includes content from Balkan Mining and Minerals, licensed for the purpose of publishing on Investing News Australia. This article does not constitute financial product advice. It is your responsibility to perform proper due diligence before acting upon any information provided here. Please refer to our full disclaimer here.