Sarama Resources (TSXV:SWA) focuses on developing a portfolio of highly prospective gold projects in West Africa. The company's lead project is located in the Southern Houndé belt, one of the most prolific gold belts in Africa which features a growing gold endowment of more than 19 million ounces. The Company's second fully owned project is situated in the neighboring Banfora belt which is widely considered underexplored and highly promising.
Sarama's 100 percent owned flagship Sanutura Project is a 1,450 square kilometre late-stage exploration project located in the Houndé belt in Burkina Faso and contains ~3 million ounces of gold in resource, including over 2 million ounces of high-grade material grading +2 g/t gold and 1 million ounces of oxides within a pit shell. The project's large oxide and a free milling gold resource will allow a new mine to be financed and established using a simple CIL process flow sheet, lowering technical risk and upfront capital needs.
Sarama Resources' Company Highlights
- Sarama Resources' projects span over 2,000 square kilometres in Burkina Faso's Houndé belt, one of the most prolific gold belts in West Africa.
- The company's fully-owned flagship Sanutura Project is a 1,450 square kilometre near-term development project and contains over 2 million ounces of material grading +2 g/t.
- The Sanutura project benefits from significant oxide and a free milling gold resource which creates a low technical risk environment to pay back development and generate significant free cash flow. The relatively modest up-front capital expenditures will allow for a rapid payback and higher margins in the early years which will be followed by a second stage of development adding significantly to the mine life.
- The Karankasso Project is an exploration-stage joint venture project that has 700,000 ounces of gold in resources.
- Sarama Resources' fully-owned Koumandara Project is an exciting early stage exploration project featuring very large gold anomalies and multiple hits of high-grade gold during scout drilling.
- The company is led by an experienced management team and board with more than 30 years of individual experience and proven track records of discovery and development of large-scale gold deposits in Africa, including the multi-million-ounce world-class Kibali Gold Mine.