There has never been a better time to invest in commodities than now. BlackRock, the world's largest asset manager, predicts strong demand for commodities that will keep prices at favorable levels for producers for many years into the future –– possibly decades. The demand for lithium is expected to outpace supply, with the upside for the price remaining attractive. Additionally, copper prices are believed to remain high with a modest surplus expected in the future.
The ups and downs of the commodities cycle have often deterred investment due to price declines and reduced cash flow. Portfolio diversification mitigates these risks with assets that span multiple commodity markets to hedge against the price declines of individual commodities. With BlackRock’s bullish outlook, mineral exploration companies with diversified commodity portfolios will likely present an exciting opportunity for investors.
Valor Resources (ASX:VAL) is a mineral exploration company focused on developing a portfolio of highly prospective assets in Peru and Canada. The company has established a diversified portfolio consisting of seven projects covering uranium, and one project covering copper and silver. Valor Resources is led by a highly skilled management team with significant experience in the mineral resource industry.
The company provides shareholders with a diversified portfolio of assets. Valor Resources’ portfolio consists of the Picha Copper Silver, Hook Lake Uranium, Cluff Lake Uranium, Surprise Creek, Pendleton and Hidden Bay projects. The company also leverages two mines as part of its portfolio, including the Smitty Uranium and Lorado Uranium mines.
Valor Resources’ assets are strategically-located in prolific mining regions. The company’s Hook Lake Uranium, Cluff Lake Uranium, Surprise Creek, Pendleton and Hidden Bay projects are located in the Athabasca Basin in Saskatchewan, Canada. The Athabasca Basin is the top mining jurisdiction for uranium exploration with the highest-grade uranium deposits in the world. Additionally, Valor Resources’ Picha Copper Silver and Corona projects are located in the Moquegua Department in Peru. Peru is the second-largest producer of copper and silver in the world.
The company is currently in the process of rapidly advancing its highly prospective Hook Lake Uranium project through a 2,500-meter maiden diamond drilling program. The project spans 25,846 hectares. The Hook Lake Uranium project features high-grade rock chip samples of up to 56 percent of U3O8. Valor Resources’ drilling program is focused on high-grade areas as well as other high-potential targets. Going forward, the company also plans to conduct an airborne gravity survey in April 2022.
Valor Resources also plans to initiate a drilling program on its fully-owned Picha Copper Silver project in Peru. The 13,830-hectare property features high-grade samples ranging from 1 to 6 percent of copper and 563 grams per tonnes of silver.
The company’s assets leverage proximity to past-producing mines and a multi-million-tonne project. Valor Resources’ Hook Lake Uranium project is located near the past-producing Key Lake Uranium mine owned by Cameco (TSE:CCO) and Orano Canada. The company’s Cluff Lake Uranium project is located near Orano Canada’s Cluff Lake Uranium mine which has produced more than 60 million pounds. Lastly, the company’s Picha project is situated near Compañia de Minas Buenaventura’s (NYSE:BVN) San Gabriel Gold Porphyry project. The San Gabriel Gold Porphyry project has an indicated and inferred resource of 5.3 million tonnes of gold with average grades of 4.6 g/t of gold or approximately 2.5 million ounces of gold.
- Valor Resources (ASX:VAL) is developing a diversified portfolio of uranium, copper and silver assets in the Moquegua Department in Peru and the Athabasca Basin in Canada.
- The company’s portfolio consists of the Picha Copper Silver, Corona, Hook Lake Uranium, Cluff Lake Uranium, Surprise Creek, Pendleton and Hidden Bay projects, as well as the Smitty Uranium and Lorado Uranium mines.
- Valor Resources’ Hook Lake Uranium project features high-grade rock chip samples of up to 56 percent of U3O8.
- The company’s fully-owned Picha Copper Silver project features high-grade samples ranging from 1 to 6 percent of copper and 563 grams per tonnes of silver.
- The company’s assets leverage proximity to past-producing mines and a multi-million-tonne project, including the Cluff Lake Uranium mine, the Key Lake Uranium mine in Saskatchewan and Buenaventura’s San Gabriel Gold Porphyry project in Peru.
- Valor Resources is currently conducting a 2,500-meter maiden diamond drilling program on its Hook Lake Uranium project, with additional work planned in 2022.
- Valor Resources is led by a highly skilled management team with significant experience in the mineral resource industry.
Picha Copper Silver Project
The Picha Copper Silver project is located in the Moquegua Department in Southern Peru. The fully-owned 13,830-hectare property is situated approximately 17 kilometers from Compañia de Minas Buenaventura’s San Gabriel Gold Porphyry project.
The Picha Project looking North from Fundicion Target area.
- Indicated & Inferred Resources: The San Gabriel Gold Porphyry project has an indicated and inferred resource of approximately 12.5 million tonnes of gold with average grades of 6.5 g/t of gold or approximately 2.5 million ounces of gold.
- Past Samples: The Picha Copper Silver project features previous exploration of two field sampling exercises and geophysical surveys. Samples from the Picha Copper Silver project range from 1 percent to 6 percent of copper with grades of silver as high as 563 grams per tonne including 35.6m @ 1.3% Cu and 22.85 g/t Silver in channel sample at Cobremani and 17.6m @ 1.95% Cu and 29.5g/t Silver in channel sample at Maricate.
- Geophysical Survey: The geophysical survey conducted on the property consisted of 158.22 line kilometers of Magnetic surveys and 65.5 line kilometers of induced polarization surveys. The survey targeted disseminated and semi-massive copper sulfide mineralization to a maximum depth of approximately 300 meters. The company is confident that the results of the IP surveys will indicate potential targets.
Hook Lake Uranium Project
The Hook Lake Uranium project is located in the Athabasca Basin in Saskatchewan, Canada. The 25,846-hectare property is situated 60 kilometers from the past-producing Key Lake Uranium mine owned by Cameco and Orano Canada in Northern Saskatchewan.
First drill hole at Hook Lake
- Rock Chip Results: Rock chip results from the Hook Lake Uranium project include up to 56 percent of U3O8.
- Diamond Drilling Program: In January 2022, Valor Resources commenced a 2,500-meter maiden diamond drilling program on the Hook Lake Uranium project. The drilling program will test the extent of uranium mineralization in the zone that hosted high-grade rock chips samples of 59.2 percent of U3O8 at the surface. The company’s drilling program will also test a structural and geochemical target called V-Grid. The drilling program is supported by the development of the necessary infrastructure including camp construction.
- Airborne Gravity Survey: Going forward, Valor Resources also plans to conduct an airborne gravity survey in April 2022.
Cluff Lake Uranium Project*
The Cluff Lake Uranium project is located in the Athabasca Basin in Northern Saskatchewan, Canada. The 62,233-hectare property is situated 7 kilometers from the past-producing Cluff Lake Uranium mine owned by Orano Canada.
- Historical Production: The Cluff Lake Uranium has produced more than 60 million pounds. The Cluff Lake Uranium project is also located within the Carswell geological complex which is home to the Cluff Lake Uranium mine.
- Upcoming Drilling: Valor Resources looks forward to potentially drilling the Cluff Lake project in 2022.
Board and Management Team
George Bauk -
George Bauk is an experienced company director with over 14 years of experience as a director of listed companies. Bauk’s experience stems from the resources industry, including both production and exploration. Bauk has overseen assets in Western Australia in Australia as well as internationally. He is an experienced executive with 30 years of experience in the resources industry. Bauk holds a Bachelor of Business in Accounting and Finance from Edith Cowan University. He is a Fellow of the CPA and has an MBA from the University of New England. Bauk has held global operational and corporate roles with WMC Resources and Western Metals. Bauk has a strong background in strategic management, business planning, building tea, finance and capital/debt raising of over $350m. Bauk also has experience with a variety of commodities, including rare earths, gold, uranium and industrial minerals. Bauk has overseen several uranium exploration projects in the US, Tanzania and Western Australia. He has partnered with Areva in Western Australia whilst serving as the managing director of Northern Uranium, which is now Northern Minerals. In 2006, Bauk was focused on the southern Tanzanian region which was known for the successful Mkuju River discovery by Mantra Resources.
Gary Billingsley -
Gary Billingsley has over 37 years of experience as a director with listed companies in Canada. Billingsley’s experience stems from the resources industry, including exploration through to production. His experience includes work with oil and gas and mining projects. He has global experience having worked on projects located in Canada, the US and Africa. Billingsley has 48 years of experience in the resources industry. Billingsley holds a Bachelor of Science Advanced degree in geology from the University of Saskatchewan in Canada. Billingsley currently holds designations as a Chartered Accountant, Professional Engineer and Professional Geoscientist. Billingsley has held several operational and corporate roles for both small and large public companies, including chief mine geologist, president and CEO. Besides a strong technical background, he has extensive experience on the corporate financial side. His corporate finance experience spans fundraising and serving on multiple board committees, including audit, compensation, corporate governance and environment, health and safety committees. His public company experience covers commodities including oil and gas, base metals, gold, diamonds, uranium, potash and rare earths.
Brian McMaster -
Brian McMaster has almost 20 years of experience in the area of corporate reconstruction, turnaround and performance improvement. McMaster’s experience includes 20 years in the mining industry. McMaster founded Highfield Resources which is an ASX listed potash company with projects in Spain. McMaster has been involved in numerous reorganizations as well as the recapitalization and listing of 12 Australian companies. McMaster’s career to date includes significant working periods in the United States, South America, Asia and India. McMaster was a founding director of Garrison Capital Pty Ltd. which is a venture capital and advisory firm. McMaster is also currently the director of many ASX-listed companies.
Paula Smith - Non-Executive Director and Company Secretary
Paula Smith is a finance professional with over 12 years of experience. Smith is presently a director of a consulting and secretarial advisory firm that specializes in business advisory, consulting and back-office support (finance and secretarial) to SMEs and ASX-listed entities. Before that, Smith held senior roles in advisory firms KordaMentha and Ernst & Young. Smith holds an Honors Bachelor of Commerce/Law. Smith is a qualified Chartered Accountant and a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Robin Wilson - Exploration Manager
Robin has held senior exploration positions in several exploration and mining companies, including Polaris Metals, Tanganyika Gold, Troy Resources and CRA Exploration. He also spent 5 years working in oil and gas exploration for Woodside Energy. During nearly 30 years of involvement in mineral exploration, Mr Wilson has worked on gold, nickel, REE, uranium, copper, lithium and phosphate projects throughout Australia and Africa and was involved in the initial discovery and outlining of several gold deposits. Between 2006 and 2021 he led the Northern Minerals exploration team that discovered the Browns Range REE deposits that have been developed and produced HRE carbonate.
- EXCITING upcoming projects!
- IN-DEPTH reliable insights!
- SUCCESSFUL growth strategies!
- VALUE-BASED content!